We invite you to share your Robe and Harbour View Motel experience with us. Please click HERE to use the Tripadvisor form to upload your story and favourite images of Robe and if you have any useful tips to share with future travellers. We also encourage you to visit and Like our Facebook page and share with all our fans what made your stay at Robe and Harbour View Motel so memorable.
To the team at Harbour View.
Thank you for such a magical stay.
Catriona Rowntree - Getaway Celebrity TV Presenter
These rooms are one of the cleanist rooms we have stayed in! We have traveled Australia and overseas, it is a credit to you and your staff!!!
2 Sturt Street, Robe, South Australia 5276
We are about a seven minute walk to the main street in a nice quiet location.
- Drive into Robe staying on Main Road
- Continue straight through the main shopping street
- Continue straight keeping the ocean to your right
- Do not turn, but continue on straight around the harbour
- At the back of the harbour, take your first turn right onto Sturt Street
- Harbour View Motel is on 2 Sturt Street, about 200 metres on your left.
Please note that if your arrival time is any later than 6pm, please call us on (08) 8768 2148 to let us know. (The office is not 24 hours. We will advise your room number and leave a key in the door and a light on for you).
View Larger Map
If you are driving from Adelaide to Robe
Drive out of Adelaide on the Princes Highway/National Highway A1 on the freeway through the tunnel. Heading towards Murray Bridge take the bridge over the Murray River and follow onto Tailem Bend. On the other side of Tailem Bend about 1 km turn right towards Meningue. Drive through Meningue then view the scenic Coorong, pass by Policeman’s Point, Salt Creek, Kingston then direct to the Historic fishing village of Robe.
Approximately 337 Kilometres, 4 hours, depending on how many stops you take.
If you are driving from Melbourne to Robe
Depending on which side of Melbourne you come out of this is the direct route from Melbourne on the National Highway M8/Western Freeway. Continue along the Western Highway, bypass Ballarat driving onto Ararat. At Ararat go to Glenthompson then Hamilton, Coleraine, Casterton, Penola onto Robe
Approximately 550 kilometres, 6 hours depending on how many stops you take.
Nearest Commercial Airport
The nearest Commercial Airport is at Mount Gambier, about 1 hour 20 minutes from Robe. Rental cars are available to be hired from the Airport.
Flying into Robe Air Strip
We are happy to pick up and drop off any guests arriving at the Robe Air Strip.
A Few Tips about Robe
We have a great Information Centre here in Robe with lots of information and brochures of the area. Free Internet access is available at the Information centre, if it is in the busy season don’t forget to book your time.
The Robe Supermarket is open 7 days a week except for Xmas day. It closes at 6.30pm in winter and 7.30pm in summer. In the summer the Supermarket is very busy so it may be wise to bring enough provisions to get through your first night and go shopping the next morning.
If you intend to arrive after 8.30pm please think about eating before you arrive at Robe as most Restaurants/Hotels serve til about 8.30. (The Chinese may still be open if arriving late)
South Australia is in a different Time Zone to Victoria and New South Wales. If driving from Victoria you will gain half an hour.
Telstra and Optus have good Mobile phone reception here in Robe. Vodafone is not that great.
There are 2 main Banks in Robe. Bank SA and Bendigo Bank. ATM’s can be found at both banks, Foodland Supermarket, Caledonian Hotel and Robe Hotel.
If you are heading to the beach, don’t forget to bring your Beach Towels and a Deck chair.
What happens during the year at Robe
- Robe Boat & Fishing Festival January www.robeboatshow.com.au
- VAC Swim - January
- Cape Jaffa Seafood & Wine Festival - January
- Day on the Estte @ Wehl’s Mt Benson Winery - January
- Karatta by Moonlight @ Karatta House - January
- Australia Day @ The Foreshore Official Ceremony - January 26
- Robe Football Club Offshore Fishing Competition - January
- Southern Ports Golf Week -Last weekend in February
- Robe Easter Surf Classic
- Onboard Robe Easter Classic – Wave Sailing/Kitesurfing
- Robe Primary School Fete at Easter
- Lucindale Field Days - March
- Robe Anzac Day March 25th April
- April Health Harmany & Happiness Weekend
- Flying Doctor Bush Picnic @ Peel’s farm - April
- Robe Football Club Goods & Services Auction – April
- Blessing of the Fleet – Usually last Sunday in September
- Robe Southern Ocean Art Prize - October
- Shirazzamatazz at Mount Benson – see, do, eat, drink chill out amongst the vines! October
- Christmas Pagent
- Christmas Eve – Santa @ The Wharf
- Robe Boat Fishing Festival 18th/19th January
Alternatively, please provide your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.